[fpc-devel] Delphi XE2 uses FPC for iOS target

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Aug 7 22:18:10 CEST 2011

On 07 Aug 2011, at 22:00, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> Anyway, there are more gotchas. They could e.g. have stuff like
> linkerscripts in a external files, and since they are not GPLed, not deliver
> them.

a) again, I have a really hard time imagining that the people at Embarcadero would go out of their way to share as little as possible as far as the compiler is concerned (which is what everyone here is theorizing about)
b) at least the linker script example cannot happen, because Apple's linker simply does not support linker scripts

> Personally I think bugreports from users themselves will be a bigger
> treasure than what the GPL will deliver.

I would not call bug reports "treasure". Patches, maybe, but bug reports not. Especially for the iOS platform, which Apples makes very painful to develop for at a low level if you don't go the jailbreak way.

Jonas