[fpc-devel] Delphi XE2 uses FPC for iOS target

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Aug 7 18:27:02 CEST 2011

On 07 Aug 2011, at 18:08, Bernd Mueller wrote:

> What happens, if their customers report bugs concerning the code generation? Are they competent enough to fix them? (I don't think so)

I can't imagine why they wouldn't be able to do so. And I don't understand all this hostility towards Embarcadero. You can reword everything in just the same derogatory terms towards FPC developers when an LLVM backend or so is added ("are they competent enough to fix bugs in LLVM if they find one", "why don't they just drop FPC altogether and integrate everything into Clang", "Are they too stupid to implement all those analyses, optimizations and register allocators directly into FPC", ...).

Developers building on top of existing code to fill a gap they can't easily/immediately fill themselves is not a sign of incompetence. If anything, I consider it a sign of open mindedness.

Jonas