[fpc-devel] FPC 2.6.x branched, trunk becomes 2.7.1

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Aug 4 17:09:38 CEST 2011

On 04 Aug 2011, at 14:51, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> It would be very nice if you can notify use a week or two before such
> a branch. That way we know we need to finish up with what we are doing
> if we want those features in the next major release.

Branching for a major release is most appropriate when trunk is in a
settled down/stable state. It's not intended to happen right after a
number of major last minute changes have been committed. Quickly
committing a bunch of major changes would mainly serve to delay the
branching, or they might not be included in the branch anyway.

Jonas