[fpc-devel] FPC 2.6.x branched, trunk becomes 2.7.1

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Aug 4 15:14:14 CEST 2011

In our previous episode, LacaK said:
> Is this "branching" somehow related to preparation of release some next
> version of FPC (2.5.x ? or so) ?

Yes and no. It is the preparation of a whole new series of releases, 2.6.x.

The primary branching of a fixes branch is the first step of this process.

In the past this really was a watershed event, but in recent times, trunk is
much more stable, and fixes are regularly merged.

> I am asking because, there are waiting some bugs/features which I would
> be happy see fixed before any major release.
> Can I see somewhere on web some planed time schedule or anouncements
> about next releases ?

No, since there isn't any. It is all done in cooperation with the people
that actually have to build it.

I think there will be some RC1 or so in september.