[fpc-devel] FPC 2.6.x branched, trunk becomes 2.7.1

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Aug 3 21:27:59 CEST 2011

In our previous episode, Marcos Douglas said:

> > Every succesful "make all" generates a data2inc, and every "make install"
> > installs it into the relevant "bin" directory.
>
> So, I can put a old data2inc in /utils and to run 'make all'.

In your PATH, or pass it with DATA2INC=(full path of data2inc binary)

I always "make install" snapshots to a prefix, e.g. ~/builded and then
symlink relevant binaries into my path (e.g. from ~/bin to ~/builded/bin/
and ~/builded/lib/fpc/x.y.z/ppc386)

Typical binaries that I symlink are data2inc, fpcmake, fpcres, fpc and
ppc386.  On machines where I work on docs also fpdoc and makeskel