[fpc-devel] AnsiString in DWARF2 vs DWARF3

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 13:47:22 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-26 13:22, Anton Kavalenka het geskryf:
> Their last argument - we need assembly-line stepping debugger like in
> Delphi.

This is actually supported in MSEide, I did it the other day ("View >
Assembler" and use 'Next instruction' in stead of 'Next' in the debugger
toolbar). Even breakpoints can be set at assembly line level. From my
experience MSEide's debugging is miles ahead of Lazarus IDE, but in the end
there are still many problems (in both IDE's) due to missing DWARF
information or usage of GDB not understanding Object Pascal language.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/