[fpc-devel] Alternative parsers

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Tue Oct 19 14:02:58 CEST 2010

Am 19.10.2010 13:54, schrieb Alexander Klenin:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 22:41, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
>> Am 19.10.2010 12:07, schrieb Alexander Klenin:
>>> I personally wanted to do some things for FPC (although Unicode was
>>> not one of them),
>>> but hesitated, because the current code is too messy and fragile to touch,
>>
>> In which areas?
>
> I have had plans/ideas in many areas,
> from fixing case and reformatting of Math unit

This does not help anybody ;)

> to finishing/extending Paul's work on for..in loop.

Does it still miss stuff? Actually, I never used it :)

>>> and refactorings are not welcome.
>>
>> Who says this? Usefull refactoring *is* welcome.
>
> But here I see, again and again, that good refactorings are
> rejected as "not useful".

So you looked yourself into the refactored code so you can judge it as
good? Did you send an email with your comment why it is good? Where did
you comment on the critism I made?

> Well, maybe I should try myself
> but the experience of others is definitely discouraging.

Who is others? I remember very few *compiler* patches we rejected.