[fpc-devel] Alternative parsers

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 08:49:56 CEST 2010

2010/10/19 Alexander Klenin <klenin at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 16:19, Hans-Peter Diettrich
> <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> So there's left nothing what I could do for FPC.
>
> I suggest you start a git-maintained fork.
> This way, developers can transition to your version gradaully,
> avoiding unnecessary disruption and conflicts with traditional FPC team.

Yes, when it is clear that your solution is superior, people will
start to use your fork instead of the official FPC releases. Look for
example at what happened with EGCS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Compiler_Collection#EGCS_fork

So maybe you cannot do anything for FPC, except creating an Enhanced FPC.

Vincent