[fpc-devel] x86_64 stabs info - patch (sort of)

Willibald Krenn Willibald.Krenn at gmx.at
Tue Oct 12 21:26:48 CEST 2010

Am 12.10.2010 10:55, schrieb Jonas Maebe:
>> It currently is because dwarf debug information generation
>> for x86_64 is still much more buggy than stabs generation.
>
> Is it? I use it all the time on Mac OS X/x86-64 and Linux/x86-64, and it
> works fine.

DWARF does not work on Win64: while dwarf3 produces an internal error
(2010092801, sounds familiar ;-)), dwarf2 debug information seems to be
broken too. At least gdb 7.2 reports invalid offsets.
Hence for the time being, stabs is the only option and better than
nothing. Therefore I'd really love to see the register indices changed.

Thanks,
  Willi