[fpc-devel] Added new target to fpmake

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 27 22:17:38 CET 2010

On 27.11.2010 22:10, Darius Blaszyk wrote:
>> Well, fpmake contains the dependencies of the units.
>> Therefor you should be able to place the units in the correct order.
>> So my idea would be to enforce the order by looking at the dependencies.
>>
>> All that is needed is to list the units that should be documented;
>> The engine can then look in the list of dependencies, and if there
>> are dependencies found, they can be added first.
>
> I suppose it should look like this then:
>
> T := P.Targets.AddFPDoc('input.pas', 'descr.xml');
> T.Dependencies.Add('myunit1.pas');
> T.Dependencies.Add('myunit2.pas');
>
> Will generate the following command;
>
> fpdoc --input=myunit1.pas --input=myunit2.pas --input=input.pas
> --descr=descr.xml
>
> Did I understand it correctly?

I believe he meant that you can get the dependencies from the already
added units.

E.g. (from rtl/fpmake.pp):

T:=P.Targets.AddUnit('classes.pp');
T.IncludePath.Add('objpas/classes');
With T.Dependencies do
   begin
     AddUnit('sysutils');
     AddUnit('types');
     AddUnit('typinfo');
     AddUnit('unix',AllUnixOSes);
     AddUnit('windows',AllWindowsOSes);
   end;

You already know from here that 'classes.pp' depends on those units, so
you might use those already defined dependencies to automatically add
those units to fpdoc as well (I don't know how exactly you can and need
to do it, but that's the theory) if you want to generate the
documentation for 'classes'.

Regards,
Sven