[fpc-devel] Interface delegation fix: backport to FPC 2.4.2 ...?

Matt Emson memson.lists at googlemail.com
Thu May 20 12:19:52 CEST 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> OK we just confirmed that you have no clue about OOP or design patterns,
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Wow. Your ego is too much for me.

> so I'll stop replying to your posts.
Good. Please stop replying to the entire thread at the same time. None
of us understand design patterns, honest. We're all wasting your
valuable time.

> You are wasting my time and not contributing to the discussion at hand.

Right... "can't get my own way - throw toys out of pram.", I think I
have your measure.

Whether of not I understand design patterns is not the issue here - the
issue is your inability to discuss anything without confrontation.

Do I understand OOP? Yes. Very well. I've used it on a daily basis for
more years than I care to remember (15?)
Are Design Patterns an essential part of OOP? No. Absolutely *not*. Like
anything, they are a tool, a helper, a pointer. Nothing more.
Have I created Object Persistence mechanisms from scratch? Yes.
Have I created MVC frameworks from scratch? Yes.
Have I seen the carnage created when other people use Patterns for the
sake of Patterns without understanding all the ramifications? Hell yeah.
Have I had to pick up the pieces? Yes, too many times.
Did I need to force the developers of my given environment to implement
hooks in to some patterns or another to do this? No.
Did I find it necessary to insult people in the process of my career?
Probably, but that is just me :)