[fpc-devel] Interface delegation fix: backport to FPC 2.4.2 ...?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 19 18:59:46 CEST 2010

On 19 May 2010 16:20, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> I have an implementation in place, which doesn't affect too much the
> existing classes: it adds 1 public property and one private method; There is
> no impact on code efficiency.

Michael, I have two options to solve this:

1) Ignore Marco and implement it any way. I think you have just as
much say as Macro on what goes into the FPC.

2) Do something similar to what we did with tiOPF and Interfaces
support. Implement Observer in the base classes. IFDEF its
functionality (this should pretty much cover one line of code only).
Enable the IFDEF by default. That way everybody else can benefit from
the new Observer support by default. Marco can then disable the IFDEF
in his own copy of FPC and live in compatibility world (population 1).

  - Graeme -