[fpc-devel] Interface delegation fix: backport to FPC 2.4.2 ...?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 19 15:43:22 CEST 2010

Marco van de Voort het geskryf:

> I'm against. This is a sliding slope. Michael agreeing to this surprises me
> a bit.

Michael was the one that suggested it to Joost and myself. :) The usage of
Observer in base classes might even completely eliminate the need for
DB-aware components.

After I implemented the initial Model-GUI-Mediator (MGM) in tiOPF I came to
realize how handy the Observer really is. Michael helped extend MGM and the
benefits become even more. I'm implementing Actions support in fpGUI now
and again using the Observer pattern. So far this totally eliminates the
need for TBasicActionLink and descendants - reducing the notifications
system between action and clients to mere 10-15 lines of code. That's a
huge reduction compared to the code in VCL or LCL to do similar functionality.

Anyway, this discussion is now totally off-topic. Interface delegation
seems to work very nice with Corba Interfaces by the way. No issues found
so far.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/