[fpc-devel] FPC + Haiku: how good is it?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 12 13:01:01 CEST 2010

Matt Emson het geskryf:

> It's not often I get to actually have knowledge to give!

:-)

> Anyway, I'm working on 10 year old information, but Haiku is modelled
> very much after the original BeOS. Mind you, Haiku now has a QT 4.x
> port, so you might find that is simpler to get going?

Thank you very much for all the information. I'll try and install FPC 2.4.0
on Haiku in the coming days and see how it goes. As for the writing of apps
- if my experience with FPC+Haiku goes well, I would like to add yet
another todo item to my list (as if I don't have enough). I am considering
writing a Haiku backend for the fpGUI Toolkit. This will bring some new
apps and development tools to Haiku. For fpGUI to work on any platform I
need very limited support from the OS itself (basic window handling and
some canvas painting routines) as fpGUI does much of the work internally.

As for the Pixel project - I think Pavel supported various platforms by
simply writing a single SDL backend for eLiquid. I think, I don't really
know much about Pixel or eLiquid.

I saw Haiku has Qt 4.x support - I wonder if Lazarus IDE compiled with Qt
will run under it? Has anybody tried this yet?

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/