[fpc-devel] StrUtils unit (is poorly implemented)

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 07:33:53 CEST 2010

2010/3/29 Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>:

> On 29 Mar 2010, at 08:57, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010, Flávio Etrusco wrote:
>>
>>> are StrUtils just for Delphi compatibility or are they meant for "real
>>> use"?
>>> In the first case, is there an alternative unit? In the second, would
>>> simple patches to implement "AnsiStartsStr" and "AnsiEndsStr" with
>>> CompareMem (for starters) be accepted?
>>
>> They would be accepted.
>
> If accompanied by tests :)

First question: is there a rule for test project names? Is
tstrutils1.pp ok? Do I have to register the file somewhere? (couldn't
find anything about it on the wiki)

Second question: In current code, when ASubText is '', AnsiStartStr
returns False and
AnsiEndsStr returns True. Is this correct?

Best regards,
Flávio