[fpc-devel] Trying to do a running implementation of Widget Type "NoGui"

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Mar 9 14:58:19 CET 2010

As said I do have a running implementation of "NoGUIApplication, that I
did by porting the code from MSEIDE.

Now I am not happy with introducing this huge amount of code into
Lazarus (i.e. a Lazarus "package").

So I took a look what we have in the RTL and the LCL. I did some steps
to do do a "TNoGUIApplication = class(TCustomApplication)", but looking
into the "Forms" code (that implements the LCL "Application =
class(TCustomApplication)", I saw that the link to the underlying
Graphics system is done by kind of dynamically linking to a "Widget
Type", and looking in the project options the Widget Type can be
selected, Here even we already have a widget type "NoGUI (Pre-Alpha)".
Obviously somebody already started such a project.

Now I need to find out how the Widget Type selected in project options
is linked to the code that implements the "controls" and how I can
debug/edit the source code for the "NoGUI" Widget Type.

Thanks for any pointers.
-Michael