OOOOPS !!!!Re: [fpc-devel] no break and stepping if ctheads is used (Lazarus)

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Mar 4 15:37:08 CET 2010

On 04 Mar 2010, at 15:27, Michael Schnell wrote:

> OOOOPS !!!!!!
>
> if I use libc, additionally, I can debug normally, again.
>
> What is this ?????

Some more recent glibc systems no longer work correctly when
libpthread is loaded dynamically while the program was not linked
against it at compile time. Since I haven't seen any reactions from
anyone last time I asked why we load libpthread dynamically (and only
on Linux), I'll change this tonight. We only use very basic libpthread
functions in the cthreads unit, so it shouldn't cause any problems
(and definitely not more than are happening now).

> I do know that the libc unit is depreciated. What should I "uses"
> instead ? "baseunix" does not help.

Add {$linklib pthread}

Jonas

PS: Please don't use so many question marks and exclamation marks.