[fpc-devel] Docs enhancement regarding major changes

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Jun 28 14:40:19 CEST 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote on Mon, 28 Jun 2010:

> At the time of FPC 2.4.2 release, I'll be creating a full set of INF
> documentation for FPC's RTL, FCL and Language Reference - I'll also
> provide a download link to DocView (the help viewer for INF files).

In most cases, that information only becomes complete a few weeks
after the release (and sometimes even only after subsequent releases),
because there are always things that are forgotten initially.
Therefore I think that for those pages, the wiki is actually the ideal
location (but I'm not responsible for the PDF documentation).

Also, if you want to generate a static version, doing it on the day of
the release is probably not a very good time for the same reason
(except if you plan on regularly checking back for a while and
updating your version).

Jonas