[fpc-devel] OO rewrite - property syntax

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Jul 29 11:34:01 CEST 2010

On 28 Jul 2010, at 15:52, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> The procedure property_dec exists twice, in pdecl.pas and pdecobj.pas.
>
> The pdecobj version seems to handle (old) syntax only, does not
> accept unit properties nor multiple property declarations.

Neither handles old or new syntax, both simply serve different
purposes. The version in pdecl is only for property declarations
outside the context of classes/objects. The version in pdecobj is only
for properties declared inside classes/objects. Both use the same core
functionality (pdecvar.read_property_dec) to actually parse the
property declaration.

> Should it be dropped, in favor of the pdecl version? If not, I'd
> suggest to rename one of these procedures, to remove any ambiguities.

It's fine to rename them.

Jonas