[fpc-devel] Re: [fpc-pascal] Re: Ideas for namespace implementation

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 26 18:23:32 CEST 2010

On 26.07.2010 18:13, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Martin<fpc at mfriebe.de>  wrote:
>> [snip]
>> In fact if the existing
>> uses Foo in 'dir';
>>
>> could be extended to allow a package or similar
>> uses Foo in 'LCL'
>>
>> and an alias directive would be introduced, then it was all solved too
>>
>> uses Foo in 'lcl' alias 'FooLCL', Foo in 'RTL' alias 'FooRTL'
>
> I talked about it here:
> http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-devel/2010-July/020699.html
> http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-devel/2010-July/020791.html
> http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-devel/2010-July/020856.html
> http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-devel/2010-July/020934.html

Not exactly. Yours is a bit different:

uses
   Foo in 'whereever/the/lcl/dir/is' as FooLCL,
   Foo in 'whereever/the/rtl/dir/is' as FooRTL;

The idea of Martin's concept is to define "aliases" for the search paths
as well so that you can change them by configuration or command line. So
you wouldn't need to check whether your path to the e.g. the LCL is the
same as on Martin's computer or mine.

Whether we use "as" or "alias" and a string or an identifier for the
unit alias is not that an important topic.

Regards,
Sven