[fpc-devel] Safecall on Linux (and other unices?)

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 02:16:20 CEST 2010

Hello FPC,

>> To me it smells like everything was designed in Linux and later they
>> decide to mimic the Windows Activex in the windows world.
>> Anyway whichever you decide is OK to me.
SB> I think you (and some others) got something wrong here.

The wrong thing is that I was thinking that a calling convention was a
strict set of rules to pass parameters and call functions, but it
seems to be a set of rules per platform even using the same processor.

If I were right, safecall must be stdcall+exception in both platforms,
which it is not the case.

I know safecall is a Borland idea, but it is documented as
stdcall+exception, not as cdecl+exception.

I do not know if you can catch my point of view. In the other hand I'm
not against calling it safecall due the XPCOM compatibility (I had
already requested it in the bug report).

--
Best regards,
 José