[fpc-devel] Blackfin support

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Jul 14 14:08:40 CEST 2010

Michael Schnell schrieb:

>> One of these issues are memory mapped files, that can speed up file
>> access a lot (I've been told), perhaps because it maps directly to the
>> system file cache?
> AFAIK File Mapping is used a lot and very successfully with Linux, but
> it _is_ available with NTFS.

I've heard it the opposite way, that it has become available for
*certain* Linux distros as well ;-)

And Delphi (Windows!) users reported noticeable performance boosts
(factor 3+), even if nobody ever came up with non-trivial example code,
including fallbacks for restricted (32 bit) address space.

DoDi