[fpc-devel] Compiler bug?

Paul van Helden paul at planetgis.co.za
Sun Jan 31 09:04:55 CET 2010

Of course.... Thanks Cobines!

I have never used the function name instead of "Result", but of course
you can. Using () after a function to me seems so C-like and
un-Pascallish but it works.

But it is things like this that trip up people coming from Delphi, I
guess. Isn't this a potential improvement to the compiler though: scan
for overloaded functions before assuming that it is the result value
(like Delphi does)? (Or warn about overloaded functions without
parameters, similar to mode objfpc disallowing parameter names that are
the same as methods?)