[fpc-devel] Circular references and forward declarations

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Jan 6 12:15:34 CET 2010

In our previous episode, Michael Schnell said:
> > Which is that then? Afaik the microchip own, and the Hitech compilers can do
> > so perfectly?
>
> CCS
>
> Same had been the cheapest option for a C compiler to try out the PICs.

Well, the microchip one academic option is free. So CCS gives money with
their tools ? :-)

> I never switched to something else, as I am abandoning the 8 bit PICs
> for the 16 Bit ones that are supported by a decent gcc that can be
> tested in a non-payed public version and now the commercially supported
> version.

I already switched to 16-bit (33FJA128MC510 and -804) long ago, and am very
happy with them. But I still use the PIC18F60j60 part since there is no
16-bit integrated ethernet part, and as spare replacement for legacy parts.

The PIC32 look interesting, but there is no motorcontrol (quadrature
decoder) in that family yet, something that I require.