[fpc-devel] Circular references and forward declarations

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Jan 6 12:12:26 CET 2010

In our previous episode, Juha Manninen said:
> Other programming languages have different cultures. See the comment from my
> original post in this thread. It was from a professional programmer and I
> understand it. Some development teams want to put every class into its own
> file. C and C++ even have headers in separate files (which is messy IMO).
>
> So, if a professional team chooses a programming language / environment for a
> project, this one feature can make a strong point against Object Pascal.

If we change FPC so that a C++ team that only knows C++ feels perfectly at
home directly, we might as well throw away FPC and restart building a C++
system.

There is no end to this kind of uninformed arguments, and when you really
dig into it, there is nothing practical to be gained from it.

Specially for systems like Java and C# that have a totally different concept
of organizing source and finding compilation order.

(for C++ you could also C#, Java, VB.NET, Ruby, Python or whatever)