[fpc-devel] FPC for Linux-ARM

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 15:00:34 CET 2010

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Florian Klaempfl
> <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
>> There is no release for arm-linux.
>
> Maybe I could create one, or maybe even a simple zip file with a
> snapshot of FPC 2.5.1 for linux-arm

[...]

> Even if only I use it, I think that a Linux-arm pre-compiled
> cross-compiler + pre-compiled binutils will already save me some time
> when I need to change my development computer.

But if you're considering making it public wouldn't it be better to use
the "official" 2.4.2 release, at least until somebody really had to have
a recent fix or extension? I had to go briefly onto 2.5.1 for ARM and
found that it refused to compile Lazarus- if I recall correctly there
was a conditional in the source where anything that wasn't 2.4 was
assumed to be 2.2 or older.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk