[fpc-devel] fpc docs have hidden documentation

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Aug 27 13:11:23 CEST 2010

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Hi
>
> In the case of Classes unit documentation - more specifically the TThread
> documentation. The default behaviour when making RTL documentation, is for
> it to hide/exclude the "protected" section from the docs.
>
> This includes the TThread.Execute and TThread.Synchronize methods, which
> actually has documentation elements in the classes.xml file.
>
> Now the problem is, some other areas of TThread docs reference the
> documentation of TThread.Execute and TThread.Synchronize. Because they are
> protected, they are excluded from the docs - causing unresolved links.
>
> Should we just ignore this problem?

We should not, but it's hard to give a satisfactory solution.

It is, in fact, a known problem since quite some time.

The only thing I can come up with is a 'ignorevisibility' attribute
in the description file's <element> tag for methods that you do want
shown. But it then requires 2 passes in the documentation generator
for protected/private sections.

Michael.