[fpc-devel] fpdoc's RTF output

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Aug 24 12:23:48 CEST 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Michael Van Canneyt
> <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>> Why, did you start on one already ?
>
> No, just curiosity and I though about mentioning that if you start
> one, it would be probably good to make it a generic document
> manipulation framework, just like we already have:
>
> fcl-image for raster images
> fpvectorial for vectorial images
> fpspreadsheet for spreadsheets
>
> I suppose that the problem that you need solved would fit into
> something like a document generation, which would be then possibly a
> fpdocument framework =)

I see PDF support more as a fcl-image subtype; just an additional canvas,
like the PS canvas.

What you mention here is a more high-level layouting engine. But that
is what LaTeX or DocBook does; I don't want to repeat that.

I do have the start of a reporting engine; However, I recently had a look at
JasperReports, and want to rework what I have to use their XML format as a start.

Michael.