[fpc-devel] Conditional Breakpoints using FPC and GDB

Martin fpc at mfriebe.de
Fri Aug 13 17:48:32 CEST 2010

  On 13/08/2010 16:34, Marc Weustink wrote:

>> [Note in Lazarus the expression
>> isn't properly quoted before being send to gdb. So (since it has spaces)
>> you need to double quote the entire expression, before sending it to
>> gdb]
>
> It is quoted iirc (or did I forget it somewhere ?).

I was partly mistaken.
the command for setting a breakpoint expression, is ok => special chars
(non printable) are quoted. And gdb accepts the overall expression with
spaces, and has no problems with those spaces.

For the watch window it's different:

If I want to see the last 3 bits:
   SomeIntVar and 7

That does not work. But I can enter the same term into the watch window,
with doublequotes and it will work
   "SomeIntVar and 7"

So for the watch window, quoting is still incomplete.