[fpc-devel] LLVM Backend?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Nov 11 12:24:28 CET 2009

Jonas Maebe wrote:
> b. the dragonegg approach (http://dragonegg.llvm.org/), where you make
> use of the support in an existing compiler (again GCC in this case) for
> abstract code generator support to emit LLVM assembler/bitcode rather
> than machine code

For my upcoming project: I (of course) do have a gcc4 compiler for that
processor. Would dragonegg now allow generating code for the processor
from FPC sources ?

IMHO it would be a great advantage for FPC to be able to generate code
for any processor supported by gcc. Maybe this even forks for 16 Bit
CPUs (lately here I saw a Request to generate code for PIC).

-Michael