[fpc-devel] Debugger for FPC

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Mar 11 14:29:39 CET 2009

Paul Ishenin wrote on wo, 11 mrt 2009:

> Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> Just like FPC development, GDB development does not stand still.
>> The above no longer is true (full, or nearly full, DWARF3 support
>> is in the GDB Archer branch, and I have already fixed bugs in FPC's
>>  DWARF3 information so that e.g. dynamic arrays work perfectly in
>> that version of GDB).
> Is there any windows binary exists compiled from this branch which we
> can take and test?

I don't think there are currently any compiled binaries for any
platform, as it's still very much under development. I compiled it
successfully from source for Linux/i386 and Mac OS X/i386 (somebody
apparently started adding Mac OS X/i386 support to regular GDB,
although it's still a bit flakey here and there). I don't know how
well/badly it builds for Windows though, or even how easy/difficult it
is in general to build GDB for Windows.

Jonas