[fpc-devel] Debugger for FPC

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Wed Mar 11 11:20:13 CET 2009

dmitry boyarintsev wrote:
> sorry! unfinished note:
> 2) gdb can be extended to support FPC syntax, if enougth information
> is provided with GDB. And ofcause, some C-programmer might be required.

I'm not really sure about this. IIRC the internal design of gdb is
modeled after the STABS debug format. This means that even for DWARF, it
internally is translated to STABS, meaning that not all contstucts
possible in DWARF are supported. Given this I have doubts that all
features of FPC can be implemented in gdb. (again, IIRC)

Marc