[fpc-devel] Debugger for FPC

dmitry boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 11:03:12 CET 2009

> Finally getting rid of GDB: This is VERY good news indeed :-)

it's been getting rid of GDB for some time already... but, imho it
should not be removed!

1) because GDB supports a lot of platforms, already. So porting a fpc
program to a new platform, will require a debugger. And the only
debugger available will probably be gdb.

2) gdb can be extended to support FPC syntax, if enougth information
is provided with GDB. And ofcouse, some C-po

> I vaguely remember something like that mentioned. I think it was only for Windows,
debugger can be found at: {$lazdir}/debugger/fpdebug
i've already started fp-debugger developing (personally i need it for
OSX), and helped Marc to remove some Windows-only bounds.
Well, maybe it's better to remove fpdebugger from Lazarus to a
stand-alone project.

thanks,
Dmitry