[fpc-devel] Patch for FCL-web; bug fixes and improvements for CGI and Apache applications

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 04:43:50 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 21:06, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> If one has more patches, something like using mercurial queues is a good
> idea. Maybe Alexander Klenin could write a short tutorial how to use mq
> to maintain patches.

There are many tutorials already:
http://www.google.ru/search?q=mercurial+queues+tutorial
The only thing I should note is that, contrary to recommendation by
some tutorials,
one must _not_ turn on "git diff" option, since resulting patches will
not be applicable by svn.

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 19:17, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is where a Git repository comes in really handy. Create a new
> local feature branch or stash existing changes while working on new
> changes. Then unstash / pop old changes again.

Indeed -- while Mercurial Queues provide necessary tools, Git rebase
--interactive
is more powerful and easier to work with.

--
Alexander S. Klenin