[fpc-devel] FPC micro controller

Desmond Coertzen patrolliekaptein at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 18:13:44 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

I'm new on the list. I have been using lazarus/fpc in huge projects for my
company and for my own private ventures. FPC is a fantastic project and our
true answer to Borland that has failed developers like me in a big way.

I'm joining the list with my recent read of the work being done in FPC for
embedded micro controllers.

Most of my work was PC/server based but I always wished for a good pascal
compiler to experiment with some micro controllers as well. I have seen the
mikro pascal product for Atmel chips, but it did not keep my interest. Of
course I immediately sat up straight when I heard FPC - which is my
favourite language and compiler - doing some development work for mcu's.

I can not wait for futher developments. The excitement is much.

This is my first question / suggestion: With byte sized variables being the
smallest accessible variable in the PC architecture, will we see a language
extension to provide bit accessible variables for the micro controllers?

Thank you. Please continue the good work.