[fpc-devel] How to call windres with parameters that are shortpath with forward slashes

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Tue Jan 13 10:31:38 CET 2009

Hi,

I have been doing some research on issue 12645:

 From a discussion in the MinGW bugtracker can be concluded that windres does not
and  will not support spaces in paths for its parameters in the foreseeable future.
So the compiler will have to convert file names and directories passed to windres to
short path names (quoting them does not work).

Additionally, forward slashes (/) need to be used as directory separator. Can you
give me some guidelines how to write a patch for the compiler?

I guess something needs to be changed in
TWinLikeResourceFile.SetupCompilerArguments. Can I test for windres as rcbin and act
   accordingly? Or do I need to add two tresinfoflags, for exampe
res_needs_short_path,  res_needs_unix_dir_separator?

Vincent