[fpc-devel] arm eabi test suite

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 12:57:24 CEST 2009

2009/8/22 Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>:

> Is it different from the tarball you attached to
> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=14386 ? I already imported that one
> into the testsuite database:
> http://www.freepascal.org/testsuite/cgi-bin/testsuite.cgi?action=1&run1id=42245&run2id=&noskipped=1&failedonly=1

Yes, this time I ran the testsuite natively, so I think a lot more of
the tests have run (and passed), consequently taking much longer (3.5
hours).  I guess the same tests would have failed again, so maybe
there's no use.

This run also includes the sigreturn patch below.

>> For eabi this should probably be:
>>
>> mov   r7,syscall_nr_sigreturn
>> swi   #0x0
>>
>> But should r7 saved before and restored afterwards?
>
> There is no "afterwards" for a sigreturn system call, as it restores the
> context that was saved when the signal was triggered (so code coming after
> the swi is never executed, except possibly in case of an error that didn't
> crash the program).
>
>> I don't know how to test this code.
>
> You normally never need to explicitly use this system call. The kernel
> usually puts a stub somewhere in memory containing this system call and
> makes the return address of signal handlers point to that stub.

Thanks for the explanation.  I guess the DoSyscall function can then
be used instead of this assembler code?  Then there won't be yet
another ifdef here.

Henry