[fpc-devel] Interfaces documentation suggestion

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Mon Aug 10 12:59:58 CEST 2009

Sergei Gorelkin wrote:

>> "There are no visibility specifiers. All members are public (indeed, it
>> would make little sense to make them private or protected)."
>> ================================
>>
> This is about visibility of the methods/properties of the interface itself.
> Do not confuse it with visibility of interface methods in implementor
> object, where usual visibility rules (described elsewhere) apply.

True, but from the comment in brackets I deduced that it was a reference
to when they (Interfaces) get implemented. Either way, then maybe a
comment needs to be added that Interfaces having no visibility
specifiers when the interface is declared, does NOT mean they they must
also be Public visible when implemented in a class.

I feel the wrong message is being sent in that documentation.

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/