[fpc-devel] Is it possible to remove dependency on cygwin from freepascal ?

Bogusław Brandys brandys at o2.pl
Tue Apr 28 18:59:48 CEST 2009

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Bogusław Brandys said:
>> Interesting.I have :
>> D:\FPC\2.3.2\bin\i386-win32>fpc -i
>> Free Pascal Compiler version 2.3.1
>>
>> Compiler Date      : 2009/04/27
>> Compiler CPU Target: i386
>>
>> and:
>> D:\FPC\2.3.2\bin\i386-win32>grep -i cygwin *
>> Binary file cygiconv-2.dll matches
>> Binary file cygncurses-8.dll matches
>> Binary file cygwin1.dll matches
>> Binary file gdb.exe matches
>>
>> Only gdb.exe need replacement ?
>
> The IDE can be compiled with and without gdb. Releases typically have GDB,
> snapshots not.

oops,sorry. That was my mistake. I always make new snapshot from SVN and
copy missing files from last release (which is used to compile SVN trunk
version). So I guess there is no dependency on cygwin in SVN version !
Great ! The listed gdb.exe is really mingw32 based, I don't know why
cygwin is an dependency here, but I moved cygwn libs to other diectory
and gdb still works.

Boguslaw.