[fpc-devel] Bug in FPC and declaring distinct types

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 15:49:14 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Florian Klaempfl
<florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
>>> What rule do you apply to say this?
>>
>> Compiler treats '1234' as ansistring constant. Therefore ansistring
>> overload must be choosen here.
>
> No, '1234' is taken as generic string constant.

And which type is a generic string?  When compiled with {$mode objfpc}{$H+}
I would have thought ansistring?  Well, at least that is how I
understood the $H directive.

Either way, I still think FPC and Delphi is broken (FPC more so than
Delphi) with regards to distinct type declarations.

Regards,
 - Graeme -