[fpc-devel] TSdfDataset does not work with records larger then 255 chars

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Mon Sep 8 20:14:44 CEST 2008

On Monday 08 September 2008 19.34:32 Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Martin Schreiber <fpmse at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> > Did you open an existing datafile?
>
> I am always working opening an existing datafile. So, you are thinking
> that it calculates the size for the fields upon loading and then it
> does not increase the field sizes when posting to the database?

It seems so if you don't define the field size in the TSdfDataset.Schema.
Unlike tmsebufdataset, TSdfDataset stores the data in a record with fixed
size which can't be changed after open. Is it possible to define the field
size in the first data row? I never used TSdfDataset, I made the integration
into MSEgui with tmsesdfdataset only so my knowledge about TSdfDataset is
limited.
Is Sqlite3 no option for you? MSEgui and FPC sqldb both have a DB-connection
component for SQLite3.

Martin