[fpc-devel] flaky Win64 support in FPC?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 11:05:00 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:

> Most probably he thought that converting to 64-bit is done by just
> switching to a 64-bit compiler. But his code has to be 64-bit safe. So
> don't cast integers to pointers, but use PtrInt and such.
> If he comes from a Delphi background, he may not to be used to this.

Thanks to everybody for replying so promptly. I sent the original
author another message explaining that his program must be made 64-bit
safe. As far as I can tell, he comes from a 32-bit Delphi background
and probably doesn't know better. I simply wanted to prevent him from
spreading inaccurate information about FPC.

Regards,
  - Graeme -