[fpc-devel] Unicode support (again)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 15:54:00 CET 2008

Hi everybody,

I know we had so many discussions on how to implement Unicode support
in FPC in the past. From what i remember, lots was based on "lets see
what CodeGear does with D2009".

So now that D2009 is out, is there any further working being done on
Unicode support in FPC?  Is anybody working on it at the moment? If
so, is there something I can help test?  Anybody know what CodeGear
did with Unicode enabled locale strings like ThousandSeparator etc...?
 I remember FPC has a major issue with locale information and Unicode
support.

Also, if FPC is not going to follow Delphi's implementation to the
letter, could somebody summarize what has already been decided for
FPC+Unicode?

Regards,
  - Graeme -