[fpc-devel] Parallel Computing

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Nov 4 09:32:39 CET 2008

> If you want to have good multicore scaling you are lost with OpenMP.
As I said, that is my POV, too.

I did not start this discussion for preaching for OpenMP. In fact I know
close to nothing about it. My starting point were the rather poor
results for FPC in the "shootout" tests and "parallel" keyword you can
use with "for" in the Oxygen/Prism Object Pascal language.

I am not in a position to evaluate any implementation details, but I
feel that not supporting parallelism as a language construct looks like
a shortcoming of FPC's and so I think there might be room for improvement.

-Michael