[fpc-devel] VarArray 64bit clean patch

petr.kristan at epos.cz petr.kristan at epos.cz
Mon May 5 08:02:53 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:19:37AM +0200, petr.kristan at epos.cz wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 07:28:46PM +0200, Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> > petr.kristan at epos.cz schrieb:
> > >Hi.
> > >
> > >Today I worked on VarArrays. Here is 64-bit friendly VariantArray
> > patch.
> > >Testing program is attached too. Implementation was tested on i386
> > and
> > >AMD64 linux with valgrind.
> >
> > The patch is contains more changes. Are they tested too? What's
> > their
> > purpose?
My previous version of patch breaks windows VarArray implementation
using oleaut32.dll. In attachment is new commented patch.
Patch leaves varInt64 and varQWord disabled in variants.pp (VarTypeIsValidArrayType),
but internally supports them.

Patch was tested on Linux i386, AMD64 and Win32 by attached program
vari.pas. Behaviour is the same on all platforms. Test was compilled
with Delphi and Kylix with the same results.

Comments are welcome.

Petr

--
Ing. Petr Kristan