[fpc-devel] Free Pascal queries

Chris Handley chandley at cs.otago.ac.nz
Tue Jun 10 01:27:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have been using fpc since the beginning of the year, and it is
great. Thank you very much for a great product.

I have a few problems/queries.

1) Much of what I do is involved with preparing formatted reports.
These mostly use RTF and that side is working well. However, one has
to be produced in postscript and that is where I run into problems.
How do I persuade fpc to talk to the Fonts.p file in MetroWorks
CodeWarrior (or alternatively how do I access routines such as
TextSize and StringWidth)?

2) If I have all my units in a folder, how do I tell fpc to go look in
that folder when I am compiling a main program in a different folder?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

=
=
=
=
Dr Chris Handley                                     chandley at cs.otago.ac.nz
Dept of Computer Science                             Ph     (+64)
3-479-8499
University of Otago                                  Fax    (+64)
3-479-8529
PO Box 56, Dunedin, 9054
New Zealand
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If
we're
looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for
drugs,
we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.
-P.J. O'Rourke, writer (1947- )