[fpc-devel] Russianlocale informationnotcompatiblewithFPClocalevariables

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Thu Jul 31 11:32:02 CEST 2008

I agree with your points, and I listed some of them.
Pascal has its own long list of issues, such as lack of functional and block
enclosement (Especially true in Lazarus and free Pascal).
Conceptual programming is what STL does as example. You declare a concept
and then you do implementations. C++ conceptual support is not very user
friendly however, but still works. They may add some more support for
conceptual programming in the next ANSI standard, but I have not checked it
out yet.
In conceptual programming you can create concepts that will work on
anything. The concepts will work on Integers or objects as well as on any
type of container. There are number of books on STL and conceptual
programming.
Personally I think C++ is just not very good in it, but Pascal simply can't
do it.

  With best regards,
    Boian Mitov

Mitov Software