[fpc-devel] Russian locale information not compatible withFPClocale variables

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 10:49:04 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:11 AM, "Vinzent Höfler"
<JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net> wrote:
> a desktop system with hundreds of processors in the next few years or so. Practical
> benchmarks these days have shown, that a Quad-Core gains almost nothing
> compared to a cheaper Dual-Core in most practical circumstances.

That's probably due to the currently available software all being
single threaded.  I remember back in the day when I used OS/2.  Even
though it ran on a single core system, it felt a lot more responsive
that todays OS's, because most apps and the OS + WPS used multiple
threads extensively. Quicker visual feedback played wonders to the
illusion that it was fast. Now with todays multi-core systems it will
not simply be an illusion.

Regards,
 - Graeme -