[fpc-devel] Lazarus: A new widgest set

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Feb 29 14:16:18 CET 2008

> MSEide+MSEgui compiles with Delphi7 with exception of DB components and
> therefore the adjacent MSEifi DB components. It should be possible to patch
> FPC db.pas in order it can be compiled with Delphi. MSEide uses gdb as
> Lazarus does, gdb integration of MSEide is possible a little bit better than
> the Lazarus one (widestrings, dynamic arrays...). MSEide and Lazarus both
> suffer from gdb problems on win32.

We don't need visual db components. So no problem here.
> No, VCL/LCL widgets and MSEgui widgets are incompatible.

OK. That is understandable

>> Is it easy to install and try the MSE IDE ?
>>
> I can't believe it, you never tried MSEide+MSEgui?
In fact I still don't know what it really is.

At home I monitored the newsgroup for a while and once same was
canceled, I thought the thing would be dead. (Like other Delphi related
project I monitored died: Kylix / Cross-Kylix / Cross FPC and I had the
impression that Lazarus would be collecting everyone remaining.)
> Installation instructions:
> http://www.homepage.bluewin.ch/msegui/
> and in README.TXT in the distribution.
> For the ifipipe demo you need the SVN trunk version and the compiler
> option -dmse_with_ifi.

Should I use Windows or Linux ?

I'll take a look.

-Michael