[fpc-devel] Lazarus: A new widgest set

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Feb 19 15:53:16 CET 2008

> MSEifi is still in experimental state. I have working examples but they are
> not intended for public yet. You are the first person who showed any
> interrest on MSEifi and its concepts. :-)

OK, I am one of the few who are forced (and like to) invest in using
Pascal (Delphi-language) in deeply embedded projects.
> If you compile the SVN trunk version with -dmse_with_ifi you will get the
> MSEifi components in the component palette.
Of course I really would like to help beta-testing this. Unfortunately,
due to a firewall jail I am working in, I can't access an SVN.

Have I been correct assuming that I can do a "secondary" GUI using
MSE(-ifi), i.e. taking a normal (existing) Delphi or Lazarus program
that does feature it's normal GUI and add some MSE code (and widget
definitions) plus a transport channel and then I can create controls
that are visible on the screen of the remote machine. Moreover when the
remote user "clicks" a control that had bee defined in that way, an
event should be triggered (in a thread <the dedicated event queue should
enable event driven programming in a thread> or in the main thread).

Have I been correct assuming that either a Pascal program or a browser
plugin (is that Java code ?) can be used as a target of the transport
channel, and both should show a user interface that had been defined by
the master program ?

It would be great if you could send me an example (at best a windows
exe, using http) and the browser plugin, so that I can see what MSE can do.

-Michael